Culture Connect is a series of free twilight sessions designed to connect schools and education settings with the local arts and cultural education offers available. They are coordinated by Festival Bridge and two of our partnerships; the Peterborough Cultural Partnership for Children and Young People (PHACE) and the Young Fenland Cultural Consortium (YFCC).
Each event will feature 5 minute presentations about how schools can connect with their local cultural education partnership, our Cultural & Arts Leaders in Schools and Academies programme, Arts Award and Artsmark.
We’ll also be presenting our ‘What is……?’ film project and inviting you to take part. This is an ongoing youth-led project exploring how children and young people feel about arts and culture in their area.
There will be a market place of stalls from local arts and cultural organisations, refreshments available and an opportunity to network with other educators near you.
Wednesday 23 May 4-6pm | The Cresset, Peterborough
A networking event connecting Peterborough teachers and educators with the arts & cultural offer in their region
Why should you attend?
This is the first event of its kind in these locations, bringing together educators, creative organisations and local leaders in arts and culture. It will give you the opportunity to:
- discover and network with a range of creative organisations and practitioners with experience of delivering high quality projects with children and young people
- explore their offers for schools including bespoke projects, CPD, education resources, creative apprenticeships, as well as projects that can help with your Artsmark and Arts Award
- learn about the benefits of the Arts Award and Artsmark programmes
- find out more about the Local Cultural Education Partnership in your area and how they can help connect and support you
- discuss and develop creative project ideas for your school and find an organisation to partner with
- meet and learn more about our Cultural and Arts Leaders in Schools & Academies (CALSA); a network of education leaders who are enabling other teachers to develop arts and culture in their school
Arts & cultural organisations
We’d like to invite arts and cultural organisations and practitioners based or working in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and Fenland to attend and be available to talk about their offers for schools and education settings. There will be a market place of stalls for you to display information, and an opportunity for educators from local schools to network with you.
Please contact us for more information.
Image credits: Masthead © JMA Photography