Additional Resources & Support Materials
If you are interested in knowing more about how technology can support your learning programmes then take a look at some of the resources, networks and other content listed below. As this is a fast evolving area it is useful to keep abreast so sign up to the newsletters and subscribe to the feeds.
Arts & Culture:
- Digital Cultural Network – a part of Arts Council England, the network provides training, events, online resources and more with the help of nine Tech Champions. Check out the website and sign up to become a part of the network and receive their handy newsletter.
- Digital Skills for Heritage – Heritage Lottery initiative providing resources, materials and free training. Sign up to the newsletter and access their free support and expertise.
- Chris Unitt: Arts, Cultural, Digital newsletter – subscribe to this useful newsletter focusing on the digital/tech developments in the world of the arts, museums, culture, heritage, and creativity.
- Working with Schools: Building confidence in digital education offers – A recording of a talk delivered by Art Connect
- London CLC newsletter –weekly bulletin from the BETT award winning team with a round up of the latest edtech news and advice. The newsletter provides really good insight into schools’ use of technology
- NSPCC Remote Teaching Guidance – Updated content on undertaking remote teaching safely
- Education Endowment Fund – evidence-based report for educationalists on effective distance and online learning approaches.
- Education Endowment Fund – Remote Professional Development – A rapid evidence assessment exploring the efficacy of remote professional development (PD) approaches to help providers and organisations make good decisions.
- EdTech Demonstrator Programme: Network of lead schools and colleges across England funded by te DfE to support the sector in making better use of technology. Check out the website for resources, training and other materials.
- Department for Education: Remote education good practice – A short guide from the DfE highlighting a number of good practice principles and offers solutions for some common challenges in the provision of online education.
- The Children’s Society – blog post on adapting to digital engagement
- Ofsted guidance on what’s working well in remote education
- Culture, Health and Wellbeing Alliance (plus partners inc RIO) – Guide to working with vulnerable people online
- Nobel Week Dialogue – The Challenge Of Learning: The Future Of Education – A recording of the December event, including a discussion about the future of education, including the role of technology
- Keep an eye on education sector guidance – for example Education Endowment Foundation’s rapid evidence assessment on remote learning or closer to home, blog posts from the Norwich Research School
- Heritage Lottery Fund – Digital Guide: an introduction to online accessibility – A digital guide designed to help heritage organisations make their online content accessible to all.
- Drake Music– Resources exploring Digital and Accessibility
- The Space– Tips and tools for making your events accessible