Covid Safety Information
COVID-19 – Welcoming you all back safely
We are returning with a special Festival for 2021. We look forward to welcoming you all back safely.
Norfolk & Norwich Festival is following National Guidelines on Covid-19 to ensure that the 2021 Festival is delivered safely.
We have been planning a Festival for Covid-times for the last year. Some events have been created specifically with Covid in mind, some have been adapted to enable us to deliver them in a socially distanced manner and some of your usual favourite Festival elements will unfortunately be missing this year.
We are working hard to create a safe environment at all events throughout the Festival and guidance on how they will be operated will be updated here. Please check back for the latest information. We will also email you in advance of the event you have booked for to remind you of guidance and any changes to how the event will operate.
To keep you safe while you are at the Festival we will:
• Have limited capacity at all events
• Ask you for a contact phone number when booking to enable us to support the NHS Test and Trace scheme
– Phone numbers are purely for NHS track and trace, if you have chosen not to provided NNF with a phone number this number will not be used for any booking related information. We would encourage you to provide NNF with a phone number in case we need to contact you urgently about a booking you have made, we will never use phone numbers for marking purposes.
– Names and phone numbers will only be passed on to NHS track and trace, if they request them
– Contact tracing number will be deleted 21 days after the Festival.
• Provide socially distanced indoor seating layouts and will allocate plenty of space at outdoor events
• Require face coverings for audience and staff inside of venues. At outdoor events face coverings are encouraged
• Provide staggered arrival and departure times for many events. For some events you will book for a staggered arrival slot. Instructions for staggered departures will be made at the event
• Provide one-way systems where possible
• Provide signage and staff to remind everyone what is required – Give space, wash your hands and wear your face coverings
• Provide contactless ticketing and payments
• Provide hand sanitising stations
• Provide Track and Trace using the QR code or by speaking to a member of our team
• Accept advance booking only, even for the traditionally free outdoor programme, so that we can better control numbers of people attending an event
Festival events take place at various venues. Some venues may operate their own Covid-safe measures. We will endeavour to contact you via email regarding any specific measures. Always check the venue’s own website where possible.
This year we have made the much of the programme available for free or on a Pay What You Want basis. Not to encourage more audiences to attend, but to ensure anyone who wants to, can. We believe the power of the arts will help us all recover from this pandemic. We are a charity. If you are able to pay for your ticket or make a donation, your contribution will be welcome.
We thank you for your assistance and ask you help us make it a success by following all guidance provided to you in advance or at an event.
When Not to Visit
Please do not visit us if you or a member of your household have any symptoms, have recently tested positive for Covid-19 or have been asked to isolate following a Test and Trace call.
We are offering refunds or ticket exchange, at no charge, to anyone who contacts us 3 hours prior to the performance that they cannot attend for the reasons given above.
The Main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
o a new continuous cough
o a high temperature
o a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)