City of Literature Publishing Fair
Sunday 29 May, 10am - 4pm
National Centre for Writing
Free – no booking required
Drop in and celebrate the vibrant independent publishing culture of the East of England. Meet the publishers, browse and purchase their work, and take part in a series of lightning talks throughout the day. The perfect Sunday event for writers, readers, editors and creators of all kinds.
Participating publishers include Propolis, Salo Press, Head Shot Press, Galley Beggar, Kurumuru Books, UEA Publishing Project, Hinterland Magazine, NML Zine Library, Common Threads Press, Hazel Press, Writers Guild of Great Britain, Ambit, Antipode Zines, Patrician Press Collective, Alicia Rodriguez, Muscaliet Press, Singular Publishing, The Earlham Review and Gatehouse Press.
Confirmed lightning talks:
- 30 – 11am: Publication and Meaning: Moving Creative Projects to Print (Muscaliet Press)
- 30am – 12noon: Radical Possibilities: Telling Our Stories Through Activist Publishing (Common Thread Press)
- 30 – 1pm: Translating the World: One Animal at a Time (Kurumuru Books)
- 15 – 1.45pm: Publishing and Trees (Hazel Press)
- 15 – 2.45pm: Establishing and Maintaining the Millennium Library Zine Library (Millennium Library Zine Library)
Venue: National Centre for Writing
Tickets: This is a non-ticketed event
Free and drop in, no booking required.
City of Literature is a Norfolk & Norwich Festival and National Centre for Writing presentation, programmed by the National Centre for Writing.